Jul 11, 2008

Not yours


, originally uploaded by jwlphotography.

ok. I admit it. I 'really' want the iphone. I've been wanting one since the first generation came out. The only reason that kept me from getting the original was the Edge network, and now the 3G is supposed to be twice as fast.

I woke up at 6:30, expecting to be able to walk right in to the AT&T store when they opened and buy one on the spot. I drove by the store, catching a glimpse of the people waiting in line. Hmmm, not bad. The line doesn't look too bad, only about 20 people. I can probably swoop one up. As I kept driving, I noticed the parking lot was completely full, and people were driving around looking for parking. Then I saw it. The line. What I saw earlier was only the first segment of the line. There must have been at least 100 people in line, maybe more. It turned around the corner like an L shape. There was no way I was gonna wait so I drove back home empty handed. I worked a few hours, then I figured, maybe I should try the apple store. So at 10 AM, I drove to the mall. It was 10x worse. So.......
not yours

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    ahaha

    do like what I did last year, wait two weeks then go walk into the store and walk out in 5 minutes.

    And don't buy from the AT&T store, the Apple Store has tons of them but they only ship a limited quantity to AT&T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:41 AM

    You were a lot smarter than we were. We waited in line at the Apple store, but then had problems with activation and walked out empty-handed after about 8 hours of waiting and wrangling with AT&T and the Apple people. Do what the previous commenter recommended--it's totally the way to go.

    Things finally got straightened out last night and we're all set with the phones, but the whole ordeal was exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. last year I went at 8pm the night of release and i was the 4th person on line...if you go today, I am sure you can get in and out of there rather quickly....good luck! :-) I myself, will most likely wait a few more days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry man...

    it's just not meant to be. lol!

    //ed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:56 AM

    Hi there, I well, if the future, my man, you will get it, just keep thinking of it !!!

    hey, I love your photo so much, and inspire by your work here, as I my self will be come a father as well. maybe I will do a blog like this as well.

    best wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:58 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:59 PM

    My wife and I always enjoy your photo's. Thank you.

    Kambayashi Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Aww...I just love pictures of your youngest. She is SO adorable, especially when she does a big grin!

    ReplyDelete